Popeyes is owned by Restaurant Brands International, a canadian company which also owns BK and Tim Hortons.
- There are 3,705 Popeyes restaurants worldwide in more than 30 countries.
- Restaurant Brands International aquired Popeyes for US$1.8 billion in 2017.
- The company was founded in New Orleans in 1972.
- The current headquarters of Popeyes are in Miami, Florida.
- Popeyes was founded by Al Copeland to compete with Kentucky Fried Chicken.
- Popeyes generated sales of $579 million in 2021 financial year.