Mount Sinai health system is a non profit and is funded by donors. Those donors are technically owners or trustees of the system and they usually sit on the top table called Board of Trustees. Following are the owners Or trustees of Mount Sinai health system.
Richard A. Friedman
Richard A. Friedman is Co-Chair of Mount Sinai health system since 2019. His family donated a substantial amount towards creation of Friedman Brain Institute. He also serves as chairman of Merchant Banking Division of Goldman Sachs.
James S. Tisch
James S. Tisch is Co-Chair at Mount Sinai health system since 2019. In 2008, he and his family donated towards creation of The Tisch Cancer Institute at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. He currently serves as CEO of Loews Corporation and is a director at several companies including General Electric.
Peter W. May
Peter W. May is the Chairman emeritus of Mount Sinai health system, previously he served as chairman from 2002 to 2019. Mr. May is respected for the turnaround of Mount Sinai he led along with CEO Kenneth L. Davis. Mr. May is big name in American business, he serves as director at Mondelez International and is founding partner at Trian Fund Management, the company which owns Wendy’s.
Kenneth L. Davis
Kenneth L. Davis is the current CEO of Mount Sinai health system, a post which he is holding since 2003. He is widely recognized for the magnificent turnaround of Mount Sinai health system along with Chairman Peter May. He transformed the health system into one of the largest systems in country, with $8 billion in revenue & 42,000 employees.
Mount Sinai Health System – Facts & Figures
- Mount Sinai earned $9.3 billion in revenues this year.
- Mount Sinai has 8 hospital campus locations:
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel
- Mount Sinai Brooklyn
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Mount Sinai Queens
- Mount Sinai Morningside
- Mount Sinai West
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai
- Mount Sinai South Nassau
- Mount Sinai health system has total 3,808 beds.
- Mount Sinai health system has total 43,000+ employees.
- Beds per hospital in Mount Sinai health system:
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel – 696 Beds
- Mount Sinai Brooklyn – 212 Beds
- The Mount Sinai Hospital – 1,139 Beds
- Mount Sinai Queens – 228 Beds
- Mount Sinai Morningside – 495 Beds
- Mount Sinai West – 514 Beds
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai – 69 Beds
- Mount Sinai South Nassau – 455