Table of Contents
- Reset the Circle Home Plus Device
- Download the Circle App
- Start The “App only” Option
- Troubleshooting: Showing “Invalid Code” Error
- Why is my Circle QR code reporting as invalid?
Reset the Circle Home Plus Device
Before continuing, be sure to reset the Circle Home Plus device by turning it on and following the steps in this guide to restore factory settings. This way, you’ll be able to add it later.
Download the Circle App
The Circle Parental Controls app for iOS and Android may be found here. On download the app to your mobile device, use the relevant link.
Start The “App only” Option
To use an used Circle Home Plus, you must first sign up for an in-app subscription.
- Open the Circle Parental Controls app on your phone or tablet.
- Get started by pressing the Get Started button.
- Create an account by tapping Set up parent app.
- Sign in, then select App only.
- Begin by purchasing an in-app membership.
- Create profiles for each member of your family.
You can add Circle Home Plus from the Menu once you’ve set up your account by choosing the option to Set up Circle Home Plus. To do so, follow the app’s instructions. To do so, you’ll need to scan the QR code on your device, but as long as you’ve started an in-app subscription correctly, you should be able to do so.
Troubleshooting: Showing “Invalid Code” Error
If your problem persists, try scanning the QR code below instead of the one on your device to proceed.
- You are not entitled to a subscription as a result of the code.
- If you scan the code without having a Circle Home Plus, the flow will come to a halt.
- You can use “Other alternatives” to enter the alphanumeric code underneath the QR code.
Why is my Circle QR code reporting as invalid?
You may have received an error when scanning the QR code on your used Circle Home Plus if you choose the App Plus Circle Home Plus path in the app rather than the App solo option. You won’t be able to utilise the supplied QR code to establish a subscription because you’re using Circle Home Plus secondhand. Only one Circle account can use the Circle Home Plus QR code. Any subsequent scan for a different account will result in the QR code in the app being marked as “Invalid.” You may need to sign in to the initial account you created after your QR code was scanned. Check for other adults who may have scanned the code as well. If the problem persists, the code or device should be replaced.