Instagram was purchased by Meta (previously known as Facebook) in 2012. You may have noticed a “From Facebook” notification on your Instagram loading page recently. Users may link their Facebook accounts to their Instagram pages even before that. Linking accounts, on the other hand, makes simultaneous sharing simple and your social media experience more seamless.
Regardless of the advantages of integrating Facebook and Instagram, you are handing over greater control over your surfing habits and data to them. One of the most common reasons for people to unlink their Facebook account from Instagram is because of this scenario. Another possibility is being hacked and losing control of a social media network. Thousands of people have had their accounts hacked, with the hacker posting hundreds of photographs on Instagram or taking control of their Facebook account and maybe their friend list. That is only a small sample of what is possible.
Table of Contents
- How to Unlink Facebook from Instagram using a Mac or PC
- How to Unlink Facebook from Instagram using iOS or Android
Even yet, receiving duplicate Instagram message notifications from both Instagram and Facebook might be inconvenient. Unlinking Facebook from Instagram can be your best bet if you don’t care about linked accounts. Here’s how it works:
How to Unlink Facebook from Instagram using a Mac or PC
With just a few clicks on a computer browser, Instagram users can unlink their two accounts. To begin, go to Instagram’s official website. Using the Instagram website, here’s how to unlink your two accounts:
- Log into Instagram and go to the upper right-hand corner of your screen to your profile icon. Then select ‘Settings.’
- Scroll down to the lower left and click the blue ‘Accounts Center’ hyperlink.
- Locate your Facebook account and click the right-pointing arrow.
- In the pop-up window, select ‘Remove from Account Center.’ Then double-check.
Your accounts are no longer linked. But what if you are unable to use your computer? Fortunately, you can also unlink your Instagram accounts from the app.
How to Unlink Facebook from Instagram using iOS or Android
Let’s get one thing out of the way first. Try not to do it through the Facebook app. There isn’t a way to separate your Facebook account from your Instagram page on Facebook.
The only way to separate the two is to use the Instagram app on your phone. You can do it with an iPhone or an Android device, of course. And it operates in the same way.
- To access your account, open the Instagram app and tap on your profile image.
- Tap the icon in the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines).
- Select ‘Settings.’
- Find the ‘Account Center’ and tap to enter it.
- Tap on the ‘Accounts & Profiles’ selection.
- Tap ‘Remove from Accounts Center.’
- Select Yes, Unlink, in order to confirm.