Snapchat has a reputation for being a fairly open app. It has a lot of capabilities that other applications don’t, such as warning you if someone grabbed a screenshot or replayed a snap in your chat. Unlike other apps, however, Snapchat does not provide an obvious indicator that someone is online (typically a green bubble next to a user’s profile).
Fortunately, there are a few ways to determine whether or not someone is using the app. This post will go through all of the many ways to see if a Snapchat user is active.
Table of Contents
How to Check if Someone Is Active on Snapchat
When you’re using the app, Snap Maps will show you where your pals are. However, depending on your friends’ privacy settings, you might not be able to see your friends’ positions on the map all of the time.
If the person isn’t using Ghost Mode, which hides their location at all times, you should be able to figure out when they last used Snapchat and where they were when they were online. Users can also disable the app’s ability to access their location.
Until you put Snap Maps in Ghost Mode or disable location services, your location will be updated on a frequent basis as long as it is open. This tool can be used to locate someone and know when they are online.
If you’ve been chatting with someone, you’ll be able to tell when they open your chat. However, you’ll need to keep an eye on the chat as soon as they do so. Here’s how:
- Open the Snapchat app and swipe right to get to the conversation screen.
- By scrolling to the person’s discussion and hitting the “Open Chat” button, you can access it.
- If the person is online and your conversation is open, a little Bitmoji avatar of them will appear in the lower-left corner of your chat window. After they exit the chat, the person’s avatar will vanish from your chat window.
Third Party Apps
Whether you want to keep an eye on someone and see if they are on Snapchat, MobiStealth is the perfect software to utilise. MobiStealth is a premium programme that allows you to track Snapchat as well as do a variety of other tasks.
MobiStealth is a possibility, but make sure you get the consent of the individual you want to know about. Tracking someone’s data without their knowledge is immoral. As a result, it’s critical that the user understands and consents to having the app loaded on their phone.
- Create an account with MobiStealth.
- The next step is to select a pricing strategy. Your money will be reimbursed to you if you are dissatisfied with Mobistealth’s service within 15 days.
- You’ll need access to the user’s Android phone or tablet to download the MobiStealth app. It only takes a few minutes to set up the app.
- If the customer owns an iPhone, you don’t need to manually download the programme. All that is required are your iTunes credentials.
- Snapchat’s behaviour will be tracked using the dashboard. You’ll be able to tell if the person is currently online this way.